- Are there multiple people living in one space?
- Are people living with their employer or at their job site?
- Are there bruises or other signs of physical abuse?
- Is the persons submissive, depressive or fearful?
- Is there evidence of inability to move or leave a job?
- Are minors not in class during school hours?
- Does a minor have a “boyfriend” who is noticeably older?
- Does the person show signs of drug addiction?
- Does the minor refer to sexual situations that are not age-appropriate?
- Is the person inappropriately dressed for the weather?
- Is the person accompanied by someone who seems controlling?
- Does the person appear hungry or malnourished?
- Are there sudden changes in attire, behavior or material possessions?
This is not a comprehensive list of all signs of human trafficking, nor are all adults or children who exhibit these signs victims of human trafficking. The list is intended to prompt further exploration to determine if human trafficking is occurring.
If you suspect someone is in immediate danger, call 911.