The Kansas Human Trafficking Advisory Board explores the issues of human trafficking in the state of Kansas. This team of advisors is composed of law enforcement personnel, prosecutors, court personnel, advocates, victims of human trafficking and other pertinent parties who have expertise in this field.
Human trafficking is the criminal activity of holding another person for the purposes of exploitation through forced labor and sex trafficking. Many experts view human trafficking as the second greatest criminal enterprise in the world, second only to the illegal sale of drugs. Even here in Kansas, men, women, and children are forced to work for long hours under deplorable conditions for little or no pay without the freedom to leave.
By utilizing a four pronged approach of Prevention, Protection, Prosecution and Partnership, the Kansas Human Trafficking Advisory Board is exploring:
- Development of a public awareness campaign focusing on the hidden issue of human trafficking;
- Identification of victims of trafficking;
- Provision of comprehensive and culturally competent services to victims of human trafficking;
- Appropriately addressing the needs of domestic victims of human trafficking;
- Securing adequate resources and support needed to develop a task force to effectively investigate cases of human trafficking;
- Development of a statewide structure for collaborative efforts across disciplines and jurisdictions to ensure prosecution of human traffickers.
If you or someone you know is being forced to engage in any activity and cannot leave - whether it is commercial sex, housework, farm work or any other activity - call the toll-free National Human Trafficking Resource Center Hotline at 1-888-373-7888 or text INFO or HELP to BeFree (233733) to access help and services.
The toll-free hotline is:
Click here to submit a confidential online tip.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7days a week
- Operated by a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization
- Anonymous and confidential
- Accessible in 170 languages
- Able to provide help, referral to services, training and information.
Si usted o alguien que usted conoce esta siendo forzado a participar en una actividad y no puede alejarse – aunque sea sexo comercial, limpieza de casa, trabajo agrícola o cualquier otra actividad – llame al número gratis de la línea nacional de recursos para traficantes de personas (National Human Trafficking Resource Center Hotline) al 1-888-373-7888 para acceder ayuda y servicios. Esta línea gratis está disponible 24 horas al día, 7 días a la semana; se mantiene por una organización no gubernamental sin fines de lucro, anónimo y confidencial, accesible en 170 idiomas, y disponible para ofrecer ayuda, remitir servicios, entrenamiento y información.
K.S.A. 75-759 requires that a notice offering help to victims of human trafficking be posted in a prominent and accessible location in any place required to post notices pursuant to certain state statutes.
Kansas Attorney General's Office
120 SW 10th Ave., 2nd Floor
Topeka, KS 66612-1597
Send us an email →
Request a presentation →