– (October 27, 2023) - Kansas Attorney General Kris Kobach today announced that Assistant Attorney General Eve Kemple is the Kansas County and District Attorney 2023 Associate Member Prosecutor of the Year. KCDAA awarded Kemple during a luncheon on Oct. 26.
Kemple is a career prosecutor who has served in the Kansas Attorney General’s Office as a Medicaid Fraud and Abuse prosecutor since May 2021.
“Medicaid fraud and abuse is different than most criminal cases. It has a language all of its own and a steep learning curve,” wrote Kansas First Assistant Attorney General Jackie Williams in a letter nominating Kemple for the award. “…Eve has prosecuted and convicted nurses, health care workers, and individuals in nursing homes for financial and physical abuse of the most vulnerable – the elderly and disabled.”
Kemple joins a distinguished list of previous award winners from the Kansas Attorney General’s Office, including:
- Amy Hanley, former assistant attorney general and now a district judge in Douglas county, in 2011;
- Natalie Chalmers, Assistant Solicitor General in 2013;
- Vic Braden, Deputy Attorney General in 2016;
- And Jessica Domme, First Assistant Attorney General in 2017.