TOPEKA – (January 9, 2021) – Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt today released a video message of appreciation for the service of Kansas law enforcement professionals in recognition of National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.
“We set aside January 9 each year to recognize the hard work and dedication of the many law enforcement professionals who keep our communities safe,” Schmidt says in the video. “I’m here to express my appreciation and gratitude
to every honorable Kansas law enforcement officer, the family and friends who support them, and to all of the Kansas citizens who show respect and support for law enforcement all year around.”
The video message is available at https://youtu.be/6WH35mVkLLY or on the attorney general's office Facebook page at www.facebook.com/OAGKansas.
To show support for our law enforcement community, Concerns of Police Survivors suggests the following activities:
- Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
- Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
- Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
- Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
- Participate in Project Blue Light. Shine a blue light from your home in support of law enforcement.
Most importantly, if you see a law enforcement officer, thank a law enforcement officer.