TOPEKA – (January 9, 2018) – Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt today issued the following statement in recognition of National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, which is today:
“On this annual day of appreciation, we all are grateful to our Kansas law enforcement officers who choose to dedicate their lives to protecting citizens and communities across the state. I am personally grateful for the work law enforcement officers do and the sacrifices they and their families make to protect all Kansans. It is an honor to work alongside these dedicated men and women in Kansas law enforcement, and I hope Kansans will join me today in thanking a law enforcement officer for his or her service and sacrifice.”
To show support for our law enforcement community, Concerns of Police Survivors suggests the following activities:
- Change your profile picture on social media to the image provided at www.facebook.com/nationalcops.
- Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
- Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
- Share a positive story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
- Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
- Participate in Project Blue Light. Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement. Learn more at http://www.dc-cops.org/campaign.php.
Most importantly, if you see a law enforcement officer, thank a law enforcement officer.