YOUR Identity

Can I place a security freeze for my minor child?

Beginning January 1, 2017, parents or legal guardians may request a security freeze for children under the age of 16 at the time of the request. The credit reporting agencies are required to place the freeze on the child's record, regardless of whether the agency previously had a credit report file on the child.

You may be required to submit proof that you are the child's parent or legal guardian. 

Visit the credit reporting agencies at the links below to learn more about how to place a security freeze for a minor child:

Equifax →

Experian →

TransUnion →


Did You Know?

Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in America.

Learn More

Action Center

Helpful Resources