TOPEKA – (January 9, 2020) – Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt today issued the following statement in recognition of National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, which is today:
“Every day, we are grateful for the dedicated service of our Kansas law enforcement officers across the state who protect our communities. As we mark National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day today, I am especially grateful for the sacrifices they and their families make to protect all Kansans. I hope Kansans will join me today in expressing appreciation and thanking a law enforcement officer for his or her service and sacrifice.”
To show support for our law enforcement community, Concerns of Police Survivors suggests the following activities:
- Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
- Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
- Share a positive story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
- Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
- Participate in Project Blue Light. Shine a blue light from your home in support of law enforcement.
Most importantly, if you see a law enforcement officer, thank a law enforcement officer.